You get picked up at 2 am in the morning from your hotel or other accommodation. After about 2 hours drive to mount Batur the trekking begins at 4 am. It takes about 1 hours 10 minutes to 1 1/2 hours to reach the peak.
There are three different routes:
Mount Batur routes (short, medium, long)
- The short route: Ascent, visit one crater, descent
- The medium route: Ascent, visit two craters, descent
- The long route: Ascent, visit all three craters, descent
- Hint: If you are not sure, just opt for the short route. After breakfast on the peak you can still decide to pay a bit more and then take the medium or long route.
- 2 am: Pick-up
- 4 4.30 am: Arrival at Mount Batur
- 4 am: Climbing to the peak
- 5.30 am: Arrival at the peak of Mount Batur
- 6 am: Sunrise (taking photos is recommended)
- After that you will visit one (or more) of the active craters
- 7.30 am: Descend from the volcano (You may stay longer on top if you wish)
- 9.00 am: Arrival at the foot of Batur
- 9.00 am: Return journey (ca. 3-4h to Kuta, depending on the traffic)
- 1 pm: Arrival back home at your accommodation
- At this point the driver serviced you for 10-11 hours. He will be very happy if you tip him
What to bring?
- Solid shoes
- T-Shirt (to change to after sweating)
- Jacket / rain jacket
- Warm clothes (it is cold at the peak)
- Breakfast (Hint: Better bring your own breakfast since the breakfast they provide with extra fee is way overpriced and not good at all)
- Water or other drinks
- Own flashlight or smartphone with flashlight-app
- About 100.000 IDR (in total for one group) to tip your guide at the end of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Cancellation by yourself with full cost reimbursement until 24 hours before departure.
- The provider reserves the right at any time to cancel the trip or change facilities or services due to the weather circumstances, government policy or other safety reasons. Please give us your phone number so we can give you feedback as soon as possible.
- The client must have a suitable travel insurance in order to take part in this trip. The provider does not provide any insurance.
- Entrance fee can be changed without any prior notice due to the government policy.