Java is the land of the volcanoes. There are 45 active volcanoes throughout Java Island, spread from east to west, excluding the small calderas. In this trip you will experience the great Mount Bromo (2329 m above sea level), the most visited volcano in East Java. Mount Bromo hiking to the crater can be done by foot, but we also offer a unique opportunity to do it with a 4WD Jeep. Please scroll down to read more about this option.
Aside from Mount Bromo, we offer the option to hike Mount Ijen in East Java. This is a short hike to see the blue lake and to witness one of the world’s most dangerous jobs: On the 4th of September 2013, BBC Earth released a documentary video of Human Planet about “The World’s Most Dangerous Jobs”. Sulfur mining is one of them, but it is a common job in this area that has been done by mankind since 40 years back. They mine the sulfur from the inside of the volcano. The crater is filled with a mix of highly toxic gases that have taken the lives of over 70 miners in the last 40 years.
However, it is very safe to hike the volcano. Millions of people have hiked this volcano. You can rent a mask at the entrance, before you start the hike. It is recommended to do the hike with a professional guide to see the Blue Flame at the crater.
After the hike you can continue to Yogyakarta city in Central Java or go back to Bali or Surabaya or Malang (4 options, you may only choose 1 destination).
What’s Include in the price:
- English speaking driver
- Air conditioned coach
- Ferry Ticket (from Bali to East Java strait)
- The trip will start at our partner office in Kuta. Please come to the office 1 hour before departure.
What to bring:
- Solid shoes
- Proper clothes
- Jacket / rain jacket
- Warm clothes (it is cold at the peak)
- Food (Hint: Better bring your own food since the stall offers limited option)
- Water or other drinks
- Own flashlight or smartphone with flashlight-app
- About 100.000 IDR (in total for one group) to tip your guide at the end of the tour
Type of Hiking
Terms and Conditions
- Cancellation by yourselves with full cost reimbursement until 24 hours before departure
- The provider reserves the right at any time to cancel the trip or change facilities, services due to the weather circumstances, government policy or other safety reasons. Please give us your phone number so that we can give you feedback as soon as possible.
- The client must have a suitable travel insurance in order to take part in this trip. The provider does not provide any insurance.
- Entrance fee can be changed without any prior notice due to the government policy