If you’d like to learn to run a small travel agency so you can finally implement your experience working with big hotels or travel agency, join us. We are hiring an Operational Manager!
Operational Manager role are to plans, organises, directs and controls the whole operations of the company. The responsibilities are also coordinate and direct the activities of staff, overseeing not only the day-to-day tasks, but the hiring, training and evaluating of staff members as well. Operational manager it is also required to do research of new products and destinations. The Operational Manager is responsible for the overall management and performance of the travel operations including operational performance, sales development, client servicing and retention, employee management and budgetary and cost management. The Operational Manager are fully responsible for the following departments:
- Sales, Marketing and
- IT Department
Job type: Full time
- Lead travel consultants in delivering travel agency operational services at agreed service levels consistent with company standards while optimising performance
- Proactively identify and implement solutions to constantly improve service levels and performance
- Oversee the company’s system to improve operations efficiency and optimise client service delivery
- Guide, rectify and lead the team to perform travel solutions
- Handle the complete operations of the business including business development and revenue management
- Provide management and motivation to the operations team.
- Ensure a high level of cooperation/communication between teams, among the operations functions and with all functions in the organisation. (e.g. account management, finance, sales and IT).
- Lead, coach, mentor and empower direct reports to meet the operational goals.
- Manage, motivate and provide direction to direct reports to achieve agreed targets.
- Maximise team productivity through ongoing reporting, feedback and counseling
- Goal setting, review and appraisal process of team leaders
- Provide performance counseling where necessary, both reactively to improve performance and proactively to foster professional development.
- Monitor and report on all issues pertaining to the operation, escalating and closing of all risks.
- Monitor team activity and workload in order to identify recruitment needs and seek approval.
- Participate in recruitment of approved new team members and conduct interviews in a timely manner and in accordance with company standards. Final recruitment subject to approval with the HR manager and the operations director.
- Assist in the development of operational policies and procedures
- Provide the highest levels of service delivery to clients and management
- Manage daily service levels across all communications channels
- Ensure, in coordination with account management, that all team members are aware of client travel policy and service level requirements and participate in client meetings when required
- Ensure all transactions are charged and that open transactions are investigated and processed in a timely manner
- Create a Customer First culture and manage culture Change
- Provide and maintain a safe working environment, equipment and systems of work
- Must have excellent organisational and analytical ability for process mapping, significant knowledge and understanding of the management system and thinking out-of-the-box for new and better ways of doing business.
- Demonstrate pro-active and “can do” solution driven approaches.
- Display initiative and ownership and capability of making sound judgments
- Be a positive role model for all staff and lead by example
- Well organised, self-motivated.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written in Indonesian
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English
- Preferably is able to speak German
- Completed university studies is highly appreciated
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Email, computer softwares, etc
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation, and email software
- Travel management experience or hotel management preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Bali-Link Travel products and services
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent work experience (preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of travel agency operations
- Ability to work at night and weekends, when needed
- Familiar with western culture
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
- Strong communication
- Work with team
- Proven success in a similar role and environment
- Empathy towards your customers and colleagues
- Pride and attention to detail
- Polished personal presentation with warm, confident and hospitable personality
The Operation Manager reports directly to the management.
PT Bali Ide Internasional is a Bali based e-Business startup, founded in 2010. Its main business is accommodation and activities in and around the island of Bali. Bali-Link’s goal is to get the best deals for the customer at the most affordable price. The company works closely together with several study exchange programs, villa owners, villa and hotel managements and travel companies. Bali-Link is working in a constantly changing work environment and always open to new business fields.
What we offer
- Learning environment
- Monthly transport allowance and phone allowance
- Modern office with nice ambience